Circle the correct answer.
1. The River is referred to as ‘a winder’ because it __________
A. cannot sit still
B. moves in a straight line
C. twists and turns as it moves
D. crosses the villages and countryside
2. In Stanza 3, what is the river hoarding?
A. Gobbled up trees
B. A chest full of treasures
C. Stones, soil and other debris
D. Marine life and dead carcasses
3. The word ‘vexed’ in Stanza 6 can be replaced with the following except ____
4. Which of the following themes is NOT mentioned in the poem?
A. The river is heavily polluted.
B. The river causes natural disasters.
C. The river is a natural source of life.
D. The river is a natural source of water.
5. What does the poet mean when she says ‘he’ll swallow you next’?
A. The river can drown people.
B. The river is angry towards Man.
C. The river is very hungry for humans.
D. The river does not care about humans.
1. In the poem, Mr. Nobody most probably refers to ____
A. our own relative
B. a lazy member in a family
C. a strange looking little man
D. anyone doing mischief in anybody’s house
2. Why didn’t the water in the kettle boil?
A. ‘Mr Nobody’ placed damp wood on the fire.
B. ‘Mr. Nobody’ did not know how to use a kettle.
C. ‘Mr. Nobody’ didn’t use the right type of wood.
D. ‘Mr. Nobody’ did not know how to light the fire.
3. Which of the following incident is NOT mentioned in Stanza 2?
A. ‘Mr. Nobody’ leaves the door open.
B. ‘Mr. Nobody’ oils the squeaking door.
C. ‘Mr. Nobody’ scatters pins all over the floor.
D. ‘Mr. Nobody’ pulls out buttons from shirts.
4. In Stanza 4, the poet talks about the curtains fading. Why will the curtains
A. Because the grills were closed
B. Because the blinds were left open
C. Because the curtains are washed every day
D. Because the windows were left open on a hot day
5. All the following moral values are implied in the poem except__
A. being responsible
B. taking care of oneself
C. to be brave to tell the truth
D. everyone makes mistakes